Wedmore Playing Fields Development Scheme
Completion on the purchase of the two fields adjoining the existing playing field on its western boundary was confirmed on the 16th March 2012. The Wedmore Playing Fields Management Committee (WPFMC) would formally like to take this opportunity to thank the Hole family for giving us the opportunity to purchase this land.
Benjamin & Beauchamp Architects were formally appointed by the WPFMC to develop a masterplan for the development of the site. The various clubs and groups that currently use the field were approached to establish their requirements and this information was factored into a series of masterplan options. At a final meeting on the 27.04.12 consensus was reached and an outline scheme was agreed upon. This scheme provides:
• 2 additional junior football pitches OR - COMPLETED AUGUST 2014
• 4 additional mini football pitches. - COMPLETED AUGUST 2014
• 1 all weather 3-bay cricket net. - DUE FOR CONSTRUCTION JULY 2015
• An enlarged play area. - COMPLETED DECEMBER 2013
• 5 additional tennis courts - COMPLETED MAY 2015
• An all-weather multi use games area – MUGA. - COMPLETED JULY 2015
• Retention of the YFC bonfire site. - COMPLETED MARCH 2014
• Retention of the harvest home fairground field. - COMPLETED MARCH 2014
• Increased parking provision. - COMPLETED MARCH 2014
• Replacement Pavilion incorporating four changing rooms, female changing, facilities for disabled and a function room.
The proposal to construct the sports pavilion is under way, planning permission will be submitted in June 2015 and negotiations are under way with various funding bodies.
If you have any comments or wish to discuss any elements of the scheme in greater detail then please contact Pete Brown at Benjamin & Beauchamp Architects on 713313 or e-mail [email protected]
To view the new sports pavilion plans please click on the text below or on the image
Site A.pdf - view of front
Site B.pdf - view of rear
Site C.pdf - overhead front
Site D.pdf - overhead rear